Saturday, June 24, 2006

Breaking In A New Guest Blogger

I’m going to be taking a much needed break for a few weeks starting Wednesday, but I’ve got some great guest bloggers lined up to keep you entertained while I’m resting up.

The kids are out of school for the summer and could use some concentrated mom time, plus, I feel like I need to step away from the news for a while, read a few novels (not to mention the stack of political books I’ve been meaning to get to), enjoy some fun in the sun and significantly cut down on the amount of time I spend reading bad news and digging up the facts of GOP malfeasance. There seems to be an unlimited supply of that so I want to be ready for the year ahead.

I’m sure I won’t be able to stop blogging completely, even for a few weeks, so there will likely be more content up than usual. All of the bloggers I’ve lined up are great (I will reveal who they are on Wednesday), but one of them is new to the medium so I’ll be breaking him in, hopefully today or tomorrow.

My husband (who will now contribute occasional commentary as Man of American Dissent) is the one that encouraged me to start this blog and he has been a great source of inspiration, story ideas and one-liners all along the way. He has a lot to say but not a lot of time to write it down. Luckily for me he’ll be taking some time off as well, so I’ve asked him to join the other bloggers during my absence.

Right now he is particularly pissed off about the way the MSM has covered the story of the “terrorists” that were arrested a few days ago. I am too, but I’m going to let him cover this topic, the way he’s been snarling about it around the house, he needs it more than I do.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I commend John Dean's "Worse Than Watergate" to you for your summer reading list.

Dean's excellent about documenting his findings. His prose is lively and enjoyably readable. You can't come away from it without believing down to your toenails that ample grounds exist for impeaching George W. Bush and Dick Cheney. OK, you knew that, but Dean gives you the brass-tacks reasons.

2:56 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

I do hope you will still attend Drinking Liberally. My recs for fictional reading choices are:
Eva Trout by Elizabeth Bowen
Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell

Have a wonderful time with your kids. You'll all have a blast going to playgrounds, doing whatever.
Cheers!

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home