Sunday, August 13, 2006

Trolls Being Trolls

In my last comment thread, someone claiming to be enigma4ever from Watergate Summer, left a nasty comment.  I knew it didn’t sound like her, so I emailed her.  She of course confirmed that it wasn’t and now I find out that she’s been receiving comments with my name that are even nastier.  It could be someone doing it just for fun, or it could be an attempt to divide us from one another.  Either way, it’s a sneaky tactic that I will now have to be on the lookout for.

So if you see a comment from me (or some other blogger you read and like) on another blog that just doesn’t look right, it probably isn’t.  One way to tell is to click on the link.  If it directs you to my Blogger profile, it’s likely me, but if it directs you directly to my blog, it might be a fake.  The best way to tell is the tone though.  We liberal bloggers don’t tend to call each other names or make personal attacks.  We may disagree, but we usually do so in a respectful way.

There are little tiny Karl Roves in training all over the place, I guess it makes sense for them to use the liberal blogisphere as a training ground for their future evil deeds.  They may be meaner, but we’re smarter and in the end, their tactics won’t work.

5 Comments:

Blogger Godlessfriend said...

How cool...someone is impersonating you! I hope you find the time to read John Dean's new book 'Conservatives Without Conscience'. It is a very thorough examination of the freaks who do that kind of shit. Thanks for sharing.

5:21 PM  
Blogger enigma4ever said...

And Enigma4ever always leaves thoughtful supportive comments- period. ( now I may say some rude things about our govt- that is indeed true). BUT there will always by a PICTURE on my comment- no picture - then it is a fake. Also it is one thing for Trolls to leave messeges- some of thes go way past Political Insults- so we all should be on alert and aware....we are a community- we will look out for each other...that is what Real People do...( not trolls or sickos...) Great Post...Thank you for being a Brave Blogger...

10:52 PM  
Blogger Graeme said...

I am getting someone impersonating Engima over at my site too. Seriously, do people not have anything better to do?

12:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the psyops program(s). Yes, when you have tons of unwanted spam in your email inbox and the other "strange" things happening to the technology, well, it really is the NSA.

The psyops program is exactly what's being done with the "trolling," as it once was called. Disruption and chaos = divide and conquer, The core psyops program.

Complain to your blogger host and to your service provider. They can track and trace who is doing it. Demand in writing that it cease and desist and require that the legal information of who, what, when and why, be provided to you as the privacy requirement you are owed.

Just wait until they get this new law passed about the internet.

Mollie, I'm forwarding an email to you and send it on to everyone.

Let me know you received my email!

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It comes down to the good vs evil argument in my humble opinion...

Whenever and wherever good prevails, evil is right behind ready to blow out the light. That's evil's main goal -- to blow out the light so that the world remains in darkness and people walk around in mass confusion bumping into and hurting one another.

Doing good is always always carries some degree of difficulty with it. It oftentimes is the most difficult path to take, yet standing as a community will frighten evil away.

"God gives us the flame of knowledge that others may light candles of hope from it...so let your light so shine."
--Matthew 5:16

Peace.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home