Monday, November 20, 2006

A Fate Worse Than Death?

I’ve agreed to help fellow Blogger Michael Hood keep his blog, Blather Watch, up and running while he’s on vacation in Central America so I will be listening to talk radio more than usual over the next few weeks and I’m giving you all fair warning that it may affect my writing in the weeks to come. Since the midterms, I haven’t been getting my daily dose of outrage, this should clear that problem up in a flash.

I try to stay away from right wing radio, what with all of the hate and none of the facts, but I’m going to do my best to listen to Limbaugh, Hannity, Savage and the rest of the cracked nuts in an effort to keep Blather Watch readers informed of the misinformation being disseminated to the masses of (willfully) uninformed right wing radio listeners, so that, as Michael says, they don’t have to. It’s a public service that Michael performs diligently and I guess it’s my turn to (wo)man the dial, so to speak. It could be worse, I could have to read the right wingnut blogs!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have more courage and tolerance than I do, Lib-Girl..."Greater love hath no (wo)man than that (s)he change the blather-dial for a blog-buddy". Remember to breathe deeply...

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! Be sure to wear a hazmat suit while diving into the murk of freeperland...

12:51 PM  
Blogger jae said...

Blather Watch sounds great! Thanks for the link. I will be delighted to read thru all of it....

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm afraid Talk Radio gets my adrenaline racing. I always try to tell myself it's a great exercise in Logic as the Right nearly always commit 6 impossible logical fallacies before breakfast.

Of course, if you can't bear it, there's always MediaMatters and ThinkProgress who do a great job of tracking the Wacky Wight Wing.

I hear there's a plan afoot to create a rightwing version of Jon Stewart's Daily Show. That made me laugh. Afterall, Jon is not above mocking liberals, progressives, and other Democrats, so I'm not sure why the Right felt he wasn't fair & balanced.

This, of course, reminds me of those Sunday School teachers who try to con the kids into believing the Bible is fun and hip and cool. (I'll concede that it has some deep philosophical poetry, but fun and cool it ain't.)

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheesh! You know, Zappa used to do the same thing w/ televangelists for the same reason, and I've always admired that level of dedication, but still... better you than me.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home