Monday, January 23, 2006

Look Mom, I’m On TV

So, against my better judgment, I’m going to appear on Moral Politics, a SCAN-TV production that airs on channel 77 here in the Seattle area and streams live on the web (click on Live TV feed). Host Bill Alford will moderate a discussion on religion in politics this Thursday night at 6:00pm. Every fiber of being told me to say no when I was asked to participate, but I said yes anyway. I have no problem with the topic, the show, the format or the other guest. My problem is that I am TERRIFIED of appearing on television.

I really had no choice once my nine-year-old daughter told me, “It’s important to face your fears head-on mom.” I really should learn to keep my mouth shut around that girl, how dare she throw my own advice back in my face. I am much more comfortable being the girl in the background, typing away on my laptop but my daughter is right, life is best lived when you challenge yourself and push the boundaries of what you’re comfortable with. My biggest fear is that I will literally pass out on air. The upside is, if the worst does happen, I won’t have to worry about them asking me back. See how my glass is always half full?

So if you're bored and looking for something to do at 6pm Thursday evening, check out Moral Politics. Feel free to start a betting pool on whether or not I’ll make it through. My advice is to tune in early because if I do faint, it will most likely happen within the first five minutes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go you liberal girl! Mari and Greg wish you the best of luck on your TV debut. Greg's been cringing at all of your articles, but enjoys your writings and is always open to more than one point of view. If he would just quit listening to Michael Savage! I think you're great! We're so proud of you!

8:23 PM  
Blogger switzerblog said...

You were great, and didn't seem nervous in the slightest - well done!

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home