Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Podcasting Liberally

Here is the latest installment of our Drinking Liberally podcast.  Will, Carl and I are kind of quiet on this one since Goldy from Horse’s Ass had a bone to pick with The Stranger’s Cienna Madrid.  Then, halfway through poor Lee from Blog Reload was booted and we were joined by The Seattle P-I’s Joel Connely.  On the table along with the drinks this week were, how political reporting affects politics, the third anniversary of the Iraq War, whether or not Barak Obama is the next big thing, John Edwards’ ability to talk to the working class, Al Gore’s reluctance to be a candidate and the burning question, how bad is too bad in regards to Maria Cantwell.  All in all an interesting discussion and as always, I had a great time, even if my smart-ass comments were kept to a minimum this time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LGND-

I can't listen today, but I'm interested in hearing the Cantwell discussion. I already have a pretty good idea of what Goldy and his court has to say about it: typically he'll start off with a valid point about the ineffectualness (geez, is that even a word?) of the Greens and the utility of building grass-roots movements (as per the podcast a week or two ago), but then he'll suddenly veer off into PartyDemHackLand and start ranting about how we have to vote for Cantwell/Kerry/Gore because we don't have any other choice and BTW the Nader voters are the ones responsible for illegally invading Iraq. He's gone off on this particular tear so many times now I've come to believe that he is in fact fundamentally undemocratic. Thanks for standing up to him during that previous podcast - I hope you fared as well this time.

3:02 PM  
Blogger The (liberal)Girl Next Door said...

geocrackr--I think I fared okay. Goldy's a great guy and I think you summed up the conversation pretty well, and yeah, there's a bit more of that. I'm a little torn on the Green thing myself. I would love for there to be more than two viable political parties but we don't have a parliamentary system and I'm not sure I'm willing to suffer through Republican rule for as long as it would take to make the Greens a real alternative. It may be the cowards way out, but I've decided to stay with the Democrats and fight like hell to pull them back to the left where they belong. I will support primary challengers, beyond that, I'm not convinced that voting for third party candidates is the way to go, although I'm open to being convinced. Especially since I haven't ruled out voting for the Greens against Cantwell. I just haven't made up my mind yet. It's a tough call.

Are you saying the Greens aren't responsible for invading Iraq? Are you sure? :)

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home