Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Not Going Away So Much As Resting Up For What’s Ahead

It has been a long six years under George W. Bush, and the last nine months of writing this blog have been some of the most rewarding and exhausting months of my life.  I look over the posts that I have written and I love every bit of it, the hope, the frustration, the optimism and even the rage, because it shows me that at least I am not sleepwalking through this time, when we all know that that would be the easiest choice to make, sometimes many of us wish we could, if only for the peace and quiet it would provide.  I especially love reading the comments.  You people are smart, insightful, thoughtful, articulate and sometimes even mean and nasty (and don’t think I don’t see the value in that, especially when you smack down the trolls better than I ever could).  I honestly don’t think I would have made it through this last year without you.

All that said, I am taking a vacation from as many items on my self-imposed “have to” list as I can for the next two week, and blogging is at the top of the list.  Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love blogging and I plan to keep doing it, but I need to not “have to”, just for a little while.  I want a chance to slack, not read the news and be free to express opinions that don’t have to be well thought out or defended (wow, I think I’ve just described your average Bush supporter).  Plus, my kids could use some focused attention for their first few weeks of summer and I could use the joy it brings to give it to them.  

I will likely continue to post some and my husband, Man of American Dissent, as well as my father, Mark W. Bradley will be posting some too.  In addition to the family help, Betty Cracker, Fellow American J and Will Kelley-Kamp of Pike Place Politics have all agreed to grace the pages of this blog with their witty, intelligent, honest and sometimes provocative commentary on issues local, national and international.  I can’t wait to read what they come up with, I’m sure it will be great.

Have fun with the guest bloggers and wish me luck on staying away.  Just watch, Jason Leopold will turn out to have been right, and a Karl Rove indictment will become public tomorrow testing my determination to take a break to its fullest (although you’d get no complaints from me).  With so many great bloggers, there may end up being more content here than usual, so don’t forget to scroll down and make sure you didn’t miss anything.  

So stick around, enjoy and I’ll be back bright eyed and bushy tailed on July 12th (and maybe at points in between).  Give the guest bloggers some love (and some grief), I know you’re good for it.  Peace.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your well-deserved vacation. I have to take a break myself every once in awhile, and I'm just a reader/commenter!

I'm looking forward to seeing what your guests have to say, except for Will: after talking to him and listening to the DL podcast I can't escape the conclusion that he's fundamentally just an immature condescending asshole with a knack for a witty remark.

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time away. It is important to spend quality time with your children. They will benefit from your attention. Just as we have benefited from your attention these last nine months.

4:36 PM  
Blogger jae said...

I'm so honored to have been asked by you to fluff up the pillows.....but I gotta say I Will Be Missin Ya, BlogSister.

Enjoy the time off from the Nonsense...loving glances, peaceful moments, quiet sweetness....may all this and more be yours.

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great vacation. Even though I'm conservative and read your blog only to find out what the other side is thinking, it's nice to be able to read your mostly thoughtful pieces.

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home