Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Multi-Media Liberal Girl

Last night I did back to back podcasts. First I was a guest on Subject 2 Discussion, a political talk radio show out of Las Vegas, where host Shaun and I discussed the Lamont victory in Connecticut and what that means to the Democratic Party. We also touched on Cheney’s compulsive lying and fear mongering, the Democrat’s new spine and Bush’s fascist tendencies. You can listen to the show here (August 15th edition). I’m on in the second half of the first hour.

After finishing up with Shaun, I headed over to my local Drinking Liberally meet-up where we recorded our weekly podcast. This week, me, Goldy, Will and Carl sat back and listened to Geov Parrish, formerly of the Seattle Weekly and Sandeep Kaushik, formerly of The Stranger, discuss the potential demise of the Weekly and what that means to political coverage in the Emerald City. We also touched on the Iraq occupation and Joe Lieberman’s new career as spoiler and GOP hack. Visit Podcasting Liberally to download the show.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey LG -- I'm listening to the podcast right now, and Sandeep talking about Nomentum said "taking away his committee assignments would be a huge mistake," and you agreed that it was "overkill." But no one elaborated, and frankly I don't get it (he's no longer a Dem, therefore no Dem committee assignments, QED). What's your reasoning there?

12:43 PM  
Blogger The (liberal)Girl Next Door said...

Geocrackr--I think it would be overkill because he was elected as a Democrat and is still serving out his term, supposedly as a Democrat. Taking away his committee assignments now might come off as petty and will certainly be used by Republicans of an example of Democratic lunacy. I think there is a case to be made for stripping him of his committee assignments, I'm just not ready to argue for that at this point. After the election, well, that's a different story.

Plus, if he does manage to pull off a win as an independent, it would still be better if he caucused with the Dems, especially since the split will likely be close. This is one instance where I'm not taking the ideological position, but rather the pragmatic one. Not something I usually do, but hey, I can always change my mind.

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home