Monday, August 06, 2007

An Explanation

For all of you that have been wondering where I went and why I suddenly stopped blogging, I’ve finally decided to give explaining it a shot. Even though I didn’t plan it, you have to admit that my last blog post title turned out to be perfect.

I never intended to stop blogging altogether and I really didn’t think I’d be able to go very long without spouting off about one thing or another, but it turns out, even I have adapted to the Bush administration. I have not only come to accept that they will blatantly lie, thwart our constitution and exhibit generally undemocratic (not to mention sociopathic) behavior, but I expect it from them now. I don’t know where that step falls in the grieving process, but I’ve reached it nonetheless. The death of the country I thought I knew has affected me in ways I couldn’t have predicted.

My break from blogging started off innocently enough, I just wanted to take a few days to relax, read a few books and catch up on the piles of personal stuff that had accumulated on my desk. But with my kids home for the summer, family vacations, a business I’m trying to run and an exciting new project (of course involving political writing), I quickly became overwhelmed and a week turned into two, which turned into two months and the more time that passed, it became harder and harder to pick back up again. It really is as simple as that.

Although I haven’t been blogging, I’ve been keeping up on the news, but that’s no surprise. Getting a political junkie to stop talking about it is one thing, cutting off the fix is much harder to do. I don’t know if this is the beginning of me blogging every day again, but I have learned one thing during my absence. I may not need the blog to keep my sanity the way I once did, but I do feel a bit un-tethered when I’m not doing it. I suppose that was something I needed to learn.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that, both the blog stoppage and the resignation. Books are good, though. When do we get details about the new project?


I hope that you'll be able to come up and visit the Bellingham Drinking Liberally some time.

6:54 PM  
Blogger jae said...

I MISSED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

7:03 PM  
Blogger Daniel Kirkdorffer said...

The great thing about blogging is you make your own rules and hours.

When you want to write it down, you always have the option, and a potential audience.

Hope you stay a while more.

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back. And yes I was one of those who wondered what happened to you.

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo!

I was *THIS* *CLOSE* to finally taking your blog out of my "check daily" link folder...

Welcome back! We all missed you terribly...

Now promise us you'll NEVER EVER leave us for that long again... ;)

10:16 AM  
Blogger The (liberal)Girl Next Door said...

Dave--Details on the new project will be come soon, we have a soft launch target of Oct. 1st so before then for sure.

Jae--I missed you too!!!

Daniel--You're so right, it's just taken me some time to truly understand that.

wdrussell--Thanks, I'm happy to be back!

unbeliever--I'm glad I made it in under the wire, I'm sure others didn't give me quite as much time as you did. Thanks for sticking around!

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was good to see a new post, I enjoy your blog. Your blog is important, it helps less articulate folks clarify their thinking. But you aren't being paid, you don't have any obligations, so just write when you feel like it, and I'll read.

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to read you again, LG.
I figured that if it was injury, illness or worse we would have read something from either of your Blog partners.

Still in all, don't ever do that again!

Dale H.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back Mollie. Time out is the necessary ingredient to make certain the meal is well balanced.

I have a slant on Bush, et al. but I'm posting it on your new piece about the bridge collapse -

8:09 AM  
Blogger Chad Shue said...

Welcome Back! I was beginning to get concerned about you but thought that you had good reasons for being away and, as our friend Daniel says, blogging affords you the option of setting your own time and topic (we may never again hear from Riverbend for instance but I will continue to watch for her)


Yours is one of the voices I respect most and look forward to hearing whatever you have to say when you choose to say it.


Peace,
Chad (The Left) Shue

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have sorely missed your perspective, insight & excellent writing. Welcome back!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Steve Zemke said...

Time off is necessary. It doesn't mean your mind stops working. Sometimes things have to simmer a while quietly to bring the flavor out. Reading your most recent posts says you're cooking again. Welcome back.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Indie Mom said...

I was worried about you. I'm glad you are back as I learn so much through your blogging. Yeah for that. Notice I haven't blogged since last January!! Good reason for that and maybe I will do a little explaining, too.

I understand your resignation about our country and the government. Politics is your passion and it must be so gut wrenching to feel like you sometimes stand alone in such a huge mess. I've been experiencing that the past year on a personal / family level and I'm finally gathering the strength to press on.

9:12 AM  
Anonymous suplemen pemutih dan pencerah kulit wajah said...

cara mengatasi berbagai macam penyakit secara alami Obat Herbal Lambung Bengkak Obat Herbal Batu Empedu Kronis Tanpa Operasi Obat Herbal Polip Hidung Paling Ampuh Obat Herbal Anemia Akut Obat Herbal Tumor Jinak Obat Herbal Cacar Air Paling Ampuh Obat Herbal Varikokel Tanpa Operasi Obat Herbal Kanker Usus Besar Obat Herbal TBC akut Obat Herbal Keloid Ampuh suplemen pemutih dan pencerah kulit wajah

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home