Tuesday, December 13, 2005

A Hodge Podge Of Political Fun

So much interesting news today, it almost feels like we may be reaching the tipping point of political corruption (finally). There’s buzz about whether Patrick Fitzgerald will fulfill our Christmas wishes and indict Karl Rover before the holidays or if he will make us wait until after we ring in the New Year. I have to say that given the choice, I don’t give a rats ass, Rove is going down and ain’t nothin’ gonna change that.

Wally O’Dell, the former CEO of Diebold who promised to “deliver” Ohio to President Bush has now resigned. He can say “personal reasons” as often as Cheney will no doubt claim “health reasons” but we all know the truth. As with Rover, I’m not greedy, I don’t care how much face they save on their way out the door. O’Dell turned the reigns of the corrupt voting machine company over to Thomas Swidarski, but considering that he is a co-defendant in the newly filed class action suit against the company, his days are numbered I’m sure. Let’s hope that Swidarski strikes some kind of deal once the criminal charges come down the pike. The SEC most likely won’t be far behind the civil suit and Swidarski was in charge of the voting division of the company, so if he pleads out, the truth may come out yet.

The liberal “war on Christmas” is heating up as well. It’s hard to believe that the 4% in this country that don’t celebrate Christmas can be winning the war against the other 96% who do, but I guess it’s just another tale of the little guy slaying the big beast. I have never really thought of Christians as being wimps, but if they can’t win with that stacked a deck, they may have good reason to be afraid of persecution. Or maybe as Sam Sedar of the Majority Report posits, it’s just a scam to raise money for the religious right (watch the clip courtesy of Crooks and Liars, it’s really funny). Nah, they wouldn’t exploit the birth of the baby Jesus just to make money. They’re not that cynical, right?

And last but not least, our chimp of a President is floundering around, trying to figure out how to get out of his bubble. He puts me in mind of something a dear old friend said once to describe an acquaintance of ours. “He was born with two brains and the larger of the two grew and grew and grew until it became the size of a pea and rolled out his ear.” Those close to the President should watch their step once his handler Rove is escorted out of the White House, lest they should slip on a pea and twist an ankle.

2 Comments:

Anonymous larryo said...

"They’re not that cynical, right?"

Can you say Terri Schaivo?

9:59 PM  
Anonymous roberta kelly said...

I absolutely LOVE the imagery, of those around the prez, slipping on his pea brain.

I'm trying to jump back into the political ocean and stay afloat. Tough call since I watched Syriana at the cinema and communicated with lots of international folks about the plan that is out there for others to see more clearly than what we're allowed to know, here in the USA.

China’s citizens just had an outburst and their media sources absolutely killed all the news. Lots of people dead in the demonstrations and we don't know how many died and we don't know anything about the uprising. The typical sources to send out information to the world of cyberspace could not risk sharing news.

This is very scary. Certain governments are becoming more and more controlling.

I'm beginning to feel like this five years with Bush creating a smoke screen and wasting our precious time, is going to be a haunting of a scope and measure we’re not prepared to think about let alone deal with, should we spend another five years distracted by this government of ignorance and destruction, and of course, the ELITE.

Hugo Chavez is helping all the citizens on the planet at this time, to become awake and aware of what we need to do to become more conservation conscientious. We’ll all probably be on the FBI and CIA list(s), but to send Hugo Chavez emails and letters thanking him for being our surrogate government, is the least we can do.

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home