Thursday, January 05, 2006

The 2006 Bloggies

Nominations are now being accepted for the sixth annual Weblog Awards.  Unlike the Koufax Awards, these awards are for all types of blogs and not just for those with a political bent.  So if in addition to your favorite political blogs, you have a favorite craft blog, cartoon blog, food blog, diary or other place you love to go for ideas or just for fun, this is your chance to cast your vote and share with others what you have found.  With my single-minded determination to take down the Republican Party, it's no surprise that all of my picks were lefty political blogs and this time I wasn't even afraid to nominate myself.  I think all of the great emails I receive from you lovely people might be going to my head!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You deserve to be a winner because you're writing is clearly a stroke of genius, and this is an understatement.

I'll take time today to read the contest site and you'll be posted there by me, as well ;-)

I think I shall also post our site for the pure fun of it all.

Isak Denisen ~ Karen Blixen said: "To love God you must love the two things closest to his heart . . . change and a joke".

I've always loved this because Isak survived the syphilis she contracted from her husband while in Africa. She returned to Denmark to be treated for the disease and when she returned to Africa to write her book and stay in Africa as a "divorced woman", this quote was spoken.

I thank her for it everytime I need it to do a reality check of the time is now to play and have some fun.

7:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mollie,

You received my nominations (first entry in ea. category)for:

American
Writing
Political
Humor
New

Keep up the good work!

Dale

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home