Saturday, March 04, 2006

Koufax Award Voting Open

First of all, I would like to thank Wampum for all of their hard work in making these awards possible. It has been great fun going through the list of nominees and I have found some new favorite blogs to visit regularly. I am so thrilled to have been nominated alongside so many great blogs who are doing such great work and I am thankful for those of you who nominated me and who think my work worthy of a place among them. I was nominated in the following categories (follow the link and you can cast your vote in the comments section at the bottom of the page):

Best Writing (It may say it’s not open for voting but it is. Just scroll down and leave your vote in the comments section.)

Best New Blog

Most Humorous Blog (Not sure I’m that funny most of the time, but I’ll take it, I can do a good one liner every now and then. Although I voted for Neil Shakespeare, a no brainer.)

Most Deserving Of Wider Recognition (I’m not listed, but I was nominated in this category, so hopefully it will be fixed.)


Go forth and vote! I have already voted for my favorites, even though it was hard to choose from such a fantastic bunch. You can cast your vote by clicking on the category, then writing your choice in the comments section at the bottom of the page or by email, follow this link and the directions are there. Have fun. I know I did.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I tried to follow your link to the Wampum open voting, it did not take me there, it only took me to a page that listed the nominations. To find the voting page, I had to truncate the URL so that it took me to the current day's page, where voting is possible.

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me clarify. The link I just mentioned that did not take me to the voting page was "Best writing." When I used the link at the bottom of your post, it did lead me to the voting page.

8:31 PM  
Blogger The (liberal)Girl Next Door said...

neurophius--Thanks, I double checked it and even though it says it's not open for voting, people are voting (and you can too by scrolling down to the very bottom and leaving your vote in the comments). I think it's simply that they erroneously kept the text when they copied the whole thing from the previous posting.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

congratulations on ALL of your nominations

4:51 AM  
Blogger NewMexiKen said...

Uh, isn't it Koufax with an "o"?

8:30 AM  
Blogger The (liberal)Girl Next Door said...

NewMexiKen--Yes it is, how embarrassing. I've fixed it. Thanks!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Rory Shock said...

Yeah, congrats.

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey: good for you.

7:01 AM  
Blogger thehim said...

Good luck!

8:49 PM  
Blogger BigNewsDay said...

I'm upset that The BigNewsDay Blog didn't make any of these polls.

Just kidding!

Congratulations on the nominations. You have a wonderful blog, and I've even placed a link on the BigNewsDay blog.

8:15 AM  
Blogger The (liberal)Girl Next Door said...

Rory, Lily--Thanks

thehim--I'm gonna need it! It looks like I've gone as far as I'm gonna go at this point but it has been great fun and a great honor to have been nominated alongside so many great blogs.

BigNewsDay--Thanks, and I have returned the favor!

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home